6th and Market.
The Independent Order of Odd Fellows.
A joint effort of the Masonic and Odd Fellows lodges, this Classical Revival style building required nearly a decade to complete due to a lack of money and materials. A parade kicked off the long-awaited laying of the cornerstone, into which was placed a casket containing valuable coins, historical documents, and a stone from Solomon’s Temple. The lodges shared the building’s second floor until the Masons moved to a new hall in 1910.