OVERVIEW: Visitor Services Volunteers are assigned to the admissions desk where they perform a variety of services for members and general visitors. They warmly check in and welcome visitors, and answer visitors’ questions. They distribute brochures and audio tours, recommend things to see and do within the Museum and Gaslamp Quarter, perform minimal data entry, process transactions for admission and gift shop sales, and answer questions about the day’s events, the collection, museum facilities, area restaurants, transportation, etc.
They also provide information about member benefits, and process membership sales and renewals.
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Willingness to enthusiastically promote museum membership
- Basic computer and internet search skills to find information quickly
- An active email account for correspondence and scheduling
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Knowledge of San Diego history is helpful
- Ability to speak additional languages a plus
- Must be 18 or older
- Must pass a criminal background check and sign a confidentiality agreement
TRAINING AND COMMITMENT
After successful completion of an orientation and training program, volunteers commit to working a 3 hour shift for at least 6 months. Volunteers will pick a regular day to work (Tuesday through Saturday) with shift hours from 10am – 1:00pm or 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
For more information, please contact Rhiannon Luna at [email protected]