OVERVIEW: Education Docents / Tour Guides lead school groups on 90 minute tours of the Gaslamp Quarter and the Davis-Horton House. They provide information and conduct various activities relating to the history and development of the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Lead school groups on a local area walking tour and house tour.
- Speak about specific points of interest.
- Lead activities for children related to the Museum’s education mission and in line with school groups educational goals.
- Be part of the GQHF’s ongoing effort to educate children about the importance of the Gaslamp Quarter as well as connect them with the history of New Town.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT:
- Orientation on Gaslamp Quarter history, the GQHF’s mission and expectations for Education tour guides.
- Attend at least two Walking Tours to observe process and techniques, and shadow at least one educational tour.
- Script and/or other written materials will be provided.
- Reports to designated GQHF liaison.
- Interest in helping children better understand our community.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Interest in public speaking, history, and culture.
- Loves working with children.
- Education tours generally take place Tuesday through Friday in the mornings, but can be scheduled throughout the day during the Museum’s normal operating hours.
- A 6-month commitment is required.
- Consult with designated GQHF volunteer liaison for scheduling.
Parking is provided for shifts of 3 hours or more.
For more information, please contact Rhiannon Luna at [email protected]